Sunday, June 17, 2012

Girls Camp 2012- Riverside Retreat

This post will be about my week at Girls Camp in LaBelle, Fl. My position(calling) in the LDS church is a counselor in the Young Women’s program and so part of that is helping the girls and leaders during the summer. Even after having 4 girls of my own this was my first time staying a whole week….

DSC07427 Our Stake YW leaders were assigned the ‘orange bunker’ as we like to call it since we had extra girls and the other cabins were needed. We discovered it required alittle debugging. Thanks to Teresa (on the right) she came prepared with bug spray in hand!

DSC07429 Our biggest challenge was the brown spiders and the spray only slowed them down, so we had to whack them with a broom. That became Jen’s job (picture above) with her weapon :)

DSC07425 Jen, Teresa & Donna

DSC07466 Marisol joined us a day later and made it even more fun and she brought ‘chocolate…

DSC07468 I joined Jen with the Level One girls- they are so cute and fun to be with. Thanks for letting me help :)

DSC07424 Our Naples group getting settled in

DSC07431 Naples had the purple shirts!

DSC07441 Our thriller number…

DSC07442 I was asked to give one of the devotionals on the light of the gospel and being in the ‘right light’

DSC07448 girls learning about first aid…

DSC07471 making our Arise & Shine Forth necklaces…

(forgot to mention I was in charge of crafts in the afternoon each day)

DSC07473 I was so busy this young lady made me a necklace- which I was very proud to wear :)

DSC07423 The best part for me is the last night hearing the girls bear their testimony of what they have learned during the week, feeling the spirit of the Lord and and gaining the strength they need to carry on and be the example for their family and friends…

girls camp rocks….

 

8 comments:

Amy Whitaker said...

Great ! Thanks for sharing!

Aunt Gayle said...

Thanks for sharing pictures and writing about Girls Camp! I have plenty of spiders in my shed and never seem to get rid of them. Take care and keep up the good work. Love ya, Gayle

Teresa Perkins said...

This is really cool. The pictures were great. You've got to show me how to make a family blog.

Jenifer Brooks said...

Thanks so much Donna for the pictures. I actually just took your pictures and put them on FB. They turned out cute! I love your blog, it sure does tell the story of our week. I really had a great time with you and loved chatting it up. You are one amazing momma!

audrey said...

Mom again I just want to say how proud I am of u for going to camp the whole week! Now we can finally relate :)

Smith Family said...

So sad I missed this year. Everyone has less sweat beads on their foreheads and great smiles. I would love to have been there the same time as you.

But we were so excited to welcome home our missionary!

Aunt Sue said...

My goodness Donna you are just one busy person. Looks like the girls really enjoyed the camp.

Ashley said...

Cute pictures! :D Those lil bous are adorable. And I can't believe how tan you are! 8 )