Sunday, November 11, 2012

Fond Memories…

Thinking today and realized that 39 years ago on Nov.10, 1973 I was baptized as a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. How fast the time has gone. On the 10th I was at a scout training mtg. called Little Philmont and who should be there but friends from the Key West branch where I got my beginnings. I was reminded how diligent they were and growing up as a convert in Key West having 4 callings at one time.

Now as I am working at the Immokalee branch with the Cub scouts it keeps me focused on what it is all about- service!

I hope to always be grateful for the restored gospel in my life and the opportunities it gives me to help others in need!

KeyWestQuilt1 Key West Branch- Phil’s Blessing Day!

 

4 comments:

Amber said...

holy retro!

Steve said...

Who is that thin guy with hair in the pink shirt next to you??????????????????????????

Donna said...

Amber- maybe your fro pic wasn't so bad after all- seeing this one (hah)

Smith Family said...

How fun to see the two of you from another time! Cute couple. It is amazing how fast time rushes by. Seems to start rushing faster nowadays.