Thursday, January 17, 2013

The Slipper still fits…

This past wk.end (Jan. 12-14th) we celebrated our 35th wedding anniversary in Key West. No big trip this year but we never tire of this tropical island where I was born and raised, joined The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter- Day Saints, met Steve (while he was in the army) and shared many good memories with my parents.

DSC08401 We were married on this date in ‘1978’

DSC08372 Friday we stopped at the Godards in Coral Springs- while Steve worked out of the Ft. Lauderdale office and Randy at home, Linda and I decided to take in a movie. Plus we have this ‘thing’ about hot tamales. Our children Amber & Ben are married to each other so we share the same adorable grandchildren…

DSC08373 These dudes have alot in common!

DSC08375

 We headed to Key West on Sat. morning and one of our first stops was the K.W. lighthouse.

DSC08374 On top- great view of the island…

DSC08385 Stayed at the Historic Weather Station Inn

DSC08390

 Random shots…DSC08389

DSC08378only in Key West

DSC08396  DSC08387 90 miles to Cuba….. heard on a local tourist channel that it was actually ‘98’ miles. First time I had heard this. I’ll stick with the round number!

DSC08400 Had our Anniversary lunch at ‘The Point’ which of course is not called that anymore. Ole timers know what I mean.

DSC08377  Dinner with good friends- Sondra & David!

DSC08402 Here’s to another 35 years…

3 comments:

Sondra Esquinaldo said...

Such a beautiful blog Donna! Always good to see you! Let's try to talk soon!
Love you Always, Sondra

Janet Crossen said...

Congratulations on 35th aniversary.
Janet
P.S. I love Key West

Aunt Sue said...

Congratulations you two on 35 years! Nice pictures Donna. You two always do something special and fun. Looks like you had a White Christmas (well somewhat) there in Nauvoo. The last time I saw the Temple, the grass was really green and there were lots of colorful flowers. Thanks for sharing.