Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Holstein Heaven...

While visiting Idaho we stayed with the Zollinger Family
in Declo( close to Burley) This is how I could roll...

Monica was kind enough to show me the ropes (sort of
speaking) She's 'hands on' meaning no gloves!


These calves had problems such as a birth defect or a
broken leg so I felt sorry for them and wanted to check
on them often.


Here she is... Bonnie- my Idol... she does everything!
From feeding newborn calves, baking, running errands,
tending kids, smiling, lots of baking and being organized.


A newborn Calf- he is heavy-
about 80 lbs.


The Good Stuff...

Great Guys...
(L) Kevin- my go to 'Cow Man',
Golden- a.k.a.- Jack Rabbit
Stirland (youngest)
Dimond (love those goggles)
This is a hard working family!
Thanks so much for a fun time and making
us feel so welcome!







3 comments:

Crazy Larry said...

Wow! I am impressed that you picked up that calf! And milked the cow--way to go!

Smith Family said...

Ahh, Idaho! Home! Those pictures really pretty much shows what its like for lots of 'folks' in good 'ol Idaho. Not far from where I grew up in Paul, ID! (on the other side of Burley)! If you blink you might miss it! But it is there.

audrey said...

wow mom I really like this look for you! Love the boots, beanie and esp the cows!

Maybe you should move to Idaho and start your own lil dairy farm... ;)