Thursday, November 18, 2010

Where is Malta?

November 13, 2010
To celebrate 100 years of the LDS church
being organized in Malta, Idaho, the Thompson
Family participated in a show (directed by Janie)
Steve's Grandfather(J.Henry) served as a Bishop
here from 1947-1961 and was appointed Postmaster
on July 1, 1921 and retired in 1961 serving 40 yrs.
'The CowBoys'

Family Choir

visiting the Malta Cemetery

John Ernest Thompson
and his wife Jane Bosomworth
traveled from Harrogate, England to be with the Saints
in America. John's parents disowned him for joining the
Mormon church and marrying beneath his station.
They were called to settle in Malta.
Now our daughter Amber and family live in Harrogate
and so we feel it has come full circle once again.
WE APPRECIATE THEIR SACRIFICES IN OUR BEHALF!


6 comments:

xoxo, andrea said...

do we have a video of this?!

Rachel said...

We had such a great time in Malta!

Philippe said...

Did anyone record the event?? I would have if I could have attended. I don't think I've ever been to Malta. Neat pics!

Smith Family said...

Wow. Full circle, yes. Of all the places for her to live in England now it just happens to be the place of those ancestors long ago!

Steve and Donna said...

yes children- you will be getting a CD

The Hargretts said...

How awesome!! Looked like you guys had fun =)