Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Egypt #2

I spotted this herd of sheep near a house

Love all the colors of the fruit!

Local Spice Market....


view from the top floor where we enjoyed an afternoon-
High Tea (assorted drinks and goodies)

we constantly saw boats like this on the water!

Our adventure on a Sleeper Train!
I know you're thinking like I was on the
scene in 'White Christmas'
Sorry to burst your bubble but it's
uncomfortable, noisy and the bathroom
is down the hall. My first time trying to
flush I hit the wrong button and got my leg
all wet. Then as the night progresses the TP
runs out and you must have your own supply;)

Then you are served this lovely breakfast
after you try to get dressed without a shower!
Our group had a fun time anyway and we were
such good sports! We laughed the whole time!

After the train ride we were treated to this great hotel
on Elephantine Island and it was well worth it!


Here's part of our group on the boat to the hotel.
(L to R) : Ray, Sharon, Harold, Shirlianne, Nancy and
our guide Ahmed.

Here's a view of our hotel from the water.
(Aswan)

2 comments:

Amber said...

Looks like it was a blast...minus the overnighter on the train. It makes for a good story to tell everyone though. ;) Glad you got back without any trouble too.

Smith Family said...

Wow! Awesome! I need help to start planning a trip to Albania! Any pointers? I better start now or it won't happen.